Dave Jones | NRW Geosciences Team
Dave Jones, from NRW’s Geosciences team, talks about groundwater protection and associated research needs.
About the speaker
A Chartered Geologist and Chartered Scientist, specialising in hydrogeology, with over 19 years of experience in groundwater management and protection, working for the environmental regulator in Wales.
- Dave has experience and skills in the following areas of hydrogeology:
- Developing and implementing policy related to the management and protection of groundwater
- Ground investigation for hydrogeological projects
- Field collection of groundwater quantity and quality data
- Borehole construction
- Completing and assessing Hydrogeological Impact Assessments
- Development of site conceptual models
- Controlled waters risk assessments
- Groundwater remediation techniques
- Environmental Management, including licensing and permitting
Dave is a former Vice President and Council Member at The Geological Society of London. It is the UK national society for geoscience, and the oldest geological society in the world.