NERC will shortly be inviting proposals for fellowships as part of the UKRI Strategic Priorities Fund Landscape Decisions programme.
Environment Platform Wales will be hosting a workshop in Cardiff on 5th December to support fellowship applications developed by, or in collaboration with our members. The workshop will provide an opportunity to;
- Hear from the Head of the Programme Coordination Team Prof Heiko Balzter
- Discuss ideas with policy and evidence professionals at NRW and Welsh Government
- Find opportunities to develop meaningful and effective pathways to impact
- Learn about how to write a successful fellowship application
- Grow your interdisciplinary network and meet other researchers
This call aims to support the development of a new Landscape Decisions community from a diverse research base and facilitate multidisciplinary research synthesis across the Landscape Decisions Programme Work Packages. Fellows will translate solutions and innovations in Landscape Decision support tools into the policy context, and/or engage a diverse cross-section of local communities in the thinking about future Landscape Decisions.
Particular challenges that could be addressed by the fellowships may include, but are not limited to, climate-resilient Landscape Decisions, how Landscape Decisions can support the net zero carbon goal, and how decisions on multifunctional landscapes can be taken under uncertainty to improve environmental land management. The outcomes of the activities are expected to lead to new and improved understanding from the synthesis of research from different disciplines, the uptake of research outcomes in policy-making and applications, and methods for inclusive landscape decision processes.
Three types of fellowships lasting up to two years are foreseen:
- Research synthesis fellowships
- Research translation fellowships
- Landscapes for communities fellowships
Due to the applied nature of this call strong relationships with Government and other relevant public sector bodies will we a key element of success.
Note all dates are indicative and subject to change.
- AO release: November 2019
- EPWales Workshops: 5th December 2019
- Full proposal submission deadline: February 2020
- Interview panel: June 2020
- Latest project start date: 1 August 2020