There is no closing date for this role and applications are invited at all times.
The Marine and Biodiversity Division of the Welsh Government is seeking PhD students for multiple placement opportunities within its International and Biodiversity policy teams. The teams are responsible for the development of aspects of the Welsh Government’s biodiversity policy including international biodiversity, and implementation of the Nature Recovery Action Plan for Wales.
Purpose of the Post
The overarching purpose of each placement is to provide support in researching, identifying evidence and collating data in support of policy option appraisal for a number of current tasks on developing biodiversity policy. This will include the development of papers and other material in an accessible format for internal and external stakeholders on a range of issues including:
- Researching and presenting options for delivery of the Nature Recovery Action Plan and the Biodiversity Deep Dive (Implementation of Target to protect and effectively manage 30 % of Wales by 2030)
- Research and co-ordination to support workshops on our international commitments.
- Desk based research – by using appropriate methods to provide evidence reviews (literature or statistical data) on specific topics
- Systems Mapping/ Analysis and modelling – by using a range of data and scenario predictions
- Communications/ Stakeholder engagement – by developing a communications and engagement strategy documentation – further development of guidance
For further information about this role and details of how to apply, please download the following document: